Saturday, January 19, 2008

Who cares if it's cold!

Yesterday the kids & I headed out to the backyard to play...they played with toys while I played with a new lens. Thursday Mickey brought home a new short focal length lens with a fast aperture (17-50mm, 2.8) that has turned out to be a really great addition to the camera bag. I love it because I can get in really tight to my subject while maintaining a short focal length that gives me that dreamy blur that we all love. We have also been playing with new photo editing software, Adobe Lightroom & CS3...wow! It has enabled me to shoot RAW & really fine tune every little detail. All of these shots are all framed in tight, I know, but I was testing the new lens.








We got this shot of Grace mounted onto a 24x30 to use as a display (as an added bonus, it should pump up her self esteem so much that we'll never have any issues with that in the coming preteen years).









No comments: