Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Few New things

There are a lot of new things to update you on. Most importantly, we have decided to change the name of the business from In The Moment Studios to Emily Rainey Portraits. Mickey & I have been reading up on starting a photography business (probably a good idea if you intend to actually be successful with your photography business) & one of the things we learned is to name your business carefully. In The Moment Studios was just not specific enough & sounded very mall photographyish to us. So we went with using my name & there's no turning back now...business cards have been ordered & are in transit as I type. Thanks to my dear Mickey for using up precious study time to design a new logo & business card for me this weekend!

I also have two new backdrops in...black muslin & a roll of white paper. Now backdrops are not my favorite choice to use with my style of portraiture, but I do look forward to using them with newborn & other family posed shots like that. Of course I had to try them out, so I enlisted the help of my oldest kiddos as models.


















These last couple of shots of Ian I manipulated the contrast in Photoshop to give them a very high key look. The more I practice, the more I see that I like the results so much better when the expressions & poses are natural & just captured, not forced.
Last, but not least, the most exciting news is that I received an early Christmas present from Mickey...a new Nikon portrait lens! I am very excited to get some shots with it & when I do you'll see them here first!

No comments: