Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Here We Go

I love photography...always have. My high school job was as a sportswriter and photographer for the local newspaper. But this summer my hobby gave me the opportunity to photograph a wedding and the wheels began to turn. The idea of In The Moment Studios is now in progress. Now, I wouldn't even say that I'm started...I'm still working on getting experience and learning a ton about lighting, posing, trying to get a kid to be still for one second while I snap this picture! You know, stuff like that. This blog will be my way of documenting the process of my pursuit to become a photographer and eventually will be a part of my website. In these first posts I'll put up some of the photos I've taken since this summer beginning with Lauran and Kevin's wedding, the event that kicked this whole thing off.















The beautiful bride, Lauran, is the daughter of a friend of mine from church. She and Kevin are a sweet, young couple that allowed me to photograph their special day. They are both in seminary and were a great, very laid back couple to work with. It was a wonderful opportunity to gain experience photographing a wedding without the pressures normally surrounding such an event. I was grateful for the unique opportunity and pretty pleased with the results.

No comments: